How to create a registration form in a program
While creating your program registration, click the Registration Form tab at the top of your page.
To create a new question on the form, click + New Form Element on the top right-hand side of your screen.
There are different types of form elements to choose from for data collection or dissemination:
- Text Input allows you to ask a question where the registrant can type a response;
- Drop Down List allows for the selection of an element in a drop-down list (example: jersey size, day of the week, etc.);
- Radio Buttons allow for the selection of one element, similar to the drop-down list;
- Check Box is a single check box typical for agreement text (example: check here if you agree to...);
- Check Boxes allow for the selection of multiple elements (example: check all that apply)
- HTML is not responsive and allows for you to post a message with HTML editing capabilities;
- File Field gives you the ability to ask and/or require the registrant to upload a document
Once you select your form element, you need to customize it:
Tip: As you make edits to these form elements, they will change live through the preview on the right-hand side so you will know exactly how this question appears.
- Label: this is where you would type the question.
- Available Values: you will type the available options here. Each option needs to be placed on a separate line. Of note, you would do the same for Drop-Down Lists and Radio Buttons.
- Page: you can separate each form element on different pages during the registration.
- To the right, you will see a live preview of the form element while you create it. After you have finished, you can make it required and click "Save" to create your next form element.
- Required: This stop's the user from moving on to the next question without answering.
- Editable: making a form field editable, allow's a user a chance to change or upload a form at a later date.
- Office Use Only: lets only the club admins view the answers for this element
- View in List: makes the answer available to view in roster builder
- Global: makes this element available for all future programs under the "Quick-Add" bar
*Below are a few more examples of ways you can customize your form elements:
Step 3: (Optional)
When on the list view of your form elements, to order them and move them around, click in the black bar of the question to use the drag and drop function.
Step 4: (Optional)
You can create a follow up question to a form element as long as the type is drop down list, radio buttons, check box, or check boxes.
You will need to enter the follow up question/statement and select the value(s) from the previous element that will make this next question pop up. When all information has been entered, click "Save"
What Next? Click Here to see the full 8 Step Process: https://gotsport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022257254-Creating-Registration-Program