20/21 to 21/22 Transition FAQ:
Will I have to create new teams? No, you can register your same existing teams to your league and adjust your rosters accordingly.
What can i expect if I am uploading players to the system?
You should have three different types of scenarios. Here is an FAQ for each scenario:
Scenario One - Players that played in my club last season:
- As long as Affiliation, First Name, Last Name, DOB (with correct date format in file), parent name and email are the same; any other information will just update.
- You may end up with a duplicate player profile in your player list if your file has a different name, gender or DOB than the player that is already in your clubs player list in the system. If for some reason the data does not match, you can update the player profiles to match your spreadsheet or update your spreadsheet to match the player profile and reupload.
Scenario Two - Players that are brand new to the GotSport system:
- These players should upload and accounts will be created as long as you have the required columns in your file.
Scenario Three - Players that are currently in the GotSport system, but played for a different organization last season:
- Data from the GotSport system matches your spreadsheet (Affiliation, First Name, Last Name, DOB, Gender). This will create a role for that player in your club, and you should see them in your Club Management Players list.
- If a parent does not get added to the player, it is because the parent email already exists in the system to someone else.
What can I expect when adding coaches or managers to my club?
You should have three different scenarios when adding coaches or managers to your club. Here is an FAQ for each scenario.
Scenario One - Coaches/Managers who have a GotSport account already:
- If you are uploading, As long as the First Name, Last Name and Email in your file match to what is on their existing account, coach/manager will be added to your club.
- If you are manually searching/adding these coaches and managers, and their First Name, Last Name, and Email matches the information you are searching, you will be prompted to send a Role Request Approval email. If you search the additional optional information (Date of Birth, and Zip Code) you can bypass the email request and add them directly.
- If you have the required information but not the optional information, you can bypass the email request by adding them directly to a team. This will give them the coach or manager role to your club. To do this, go to Club Management - Teams - Click on a team - Click Roster - Click coach or manager - search by First Name, Last Name, and email.
Scenario Two - Coach or Manager does not have a GotSport Account:
- Account will get created for them via the upload or you will create the account for them if adding manually.
Scenario Three: The addition of a coach or manager fails because the email/user ID is already taken.
- This means there is an account in the system that already has the email that you are trying to add them with and the account does not match the first or last name.
- You can try to search different variations of their name (Ex. Mat, Matt, or Matthew).
- Check your players list for that email. Make sure the player email is set in the contact email and try again.
- Add the coach/manager with a different email/userid and attach the email you have in their "contact email" box.
Logging In and Adding Admins
Account Login: See how to create and login to your GotSport User Account
Create Club Administrators: Adding Administrators
Adding Editing user title: Add a Title To A Club User
Editing an Admins Permissions: Editing an Admins Permissions
Locating Required Governing Body Forms: Locating Required Governing Body Forms
Document Repository: Add a Document Repository
General Club Management