If you have duplicate users, you have the ability to merge them as a Club Administrator. If you are a coach/manager or parent/player you must ask your club admin to merge the profiles.
To merge, both profiles must have these requirements for GotSport to qualify as a duplicate user:
- A role with your organization
- Same First Name, Last Name-- case sensitive.
- Same Gender
- Same D.O.B
If the system does not recognize the profile as a duplicate, here are some things to check:
- The search is CASE SENSITIVE, so make sure the first and last names EXACTLY match upper and lower case - e.g. Matt and matt will not result in a match, but Matt and Matt will result in a match.
- Make sure name does not have extra spaces before and after the name.
- One profile has a nickname over another with a legal name. E.g. Jen vs Jennifer
Before you merge accounts please read:
Make sure to choose the primary account carefully, Verification and Requirements do not carry over from the secondary account. If you have any of these, you will want to strongly consider having that be the primary account for the merge.
- Click the "Club Management" tab on your left, followed by "Dashboard" directly below.
- Click the "Duplicate User Suggestion" button highlighted in red.
NOTE* - To show any duplicate user suggestions the First Name, Last Name, Gender, and D.O.B must match exactly on both profiles)
- Click the "Search" button to see all of the potential merge matches
- Click on the name of the user to be merged
- Select which profile will be kept as the primary, or the profile to be "Merged Into" and click Merge