If you recieve a "Email/UserID has already been taken error" when trying to set up your parent account. It could be connected to the child, instead of the being used as the parent UserID. To fix, you will need to contact a Club Admin to fix the child/parent accounts.
A child may accidentally have their profile set up with their parent's email address (Email/UserID) and sometimes may even be set up as a parent, this can lead to a few problems. Below we will go through a few scenarios and how your Club Admin can fix them.
- Parent cannot create a GotSport profile as their Email/UserID is being used by their Child.
- Child has duplicate accounts - is set as both the parent and child.
- Child is set as Parent with siblings and parent listed as family members.
Scenario 1: Parent Cannot Create a GotSport Profile as Their Email/UserID is Being Used by Their Child
Sometimes a parent may be unable to register and create a GotSport profile as their child already has a GotSport profile using their email address (Email/UserID).
To fix this they will need to contact their club admin who will first move the email address using these instruction:
Once they have moved the email they can then create the parent a profile and add their child as a family member by using these instructions:
Scenario 2: Child Has Duplicate Accounts - Set as Both the Parent & Child
Sometimes a parent profile may accidentally be set up with their child's information, even though the child already has an account. This can lead to a variety of issues:
The parent thinks they are in their child's profile and uploads the child ID Photo & proof of birth to the parent profile.
This means the photo & documents are not uploaded to correct child profile that is assigned to their team - therefore their manager/coach cannot see the photo or proof of birth.
A parent can fix this by changing the details of the profile assigned to the login - if they are unable to change the details or photo it means the profile has been locked and they will have to either contact their club or governing body to amend the details.
Alternatively, they could ask their club to:
- Add the duplicate player profile to their club.
- Merge the duplicate profiles.
- Remove the parent's email address (Email/UserID) from the child's profile.
- Finally create and add the parent's profile to the player
Scenario 3:Child is Set Up as a Parent with Siblings and Parent Listed as Family Members.
Sometimes a child's profile will accidentally be set up as a Parent with sibling's profiles and a parent's profile is linked as a family member.
In this instance a club administrator can resolve the issue by:
- locating the player and removing the parent's email from the Email/UserID box.
- Locating the parent's profile under family member's and adding the parent's email to the Email/UserID box.
- Removing all family member's from the Player's Profile
- Adding the parent's profile as a parent/guarding to all family members they will be taking care of from their profile.