For state tournaments such as State Cup, rosters can be set up so that the state registration roster can be cloned for the state tournament and still allow teams to make edits.
1. From the event setup page, click on the "Access and Options" button
2. Ensure that the roster source is blank with "none selected" and that both the "Allow" and "Require" the source roster are unchecked
3. Deselect the "Build and Modify Event Roster"
4. After the event registration has closed, go to association-events, locate the event and then click on the event name.
5. You will then see the list of teams in that event and next, click on a team name
6. For each of the registered teams, you will select the "Clone full roster including approval status" and then select the state registration event and click submit
7. After all rosters have been cloned, go back to scheduling-events and then "Access and Options" and enable "Build and Modify Event Roster" again. In addition, if you allow teams to remove approved players, deselect the hide option.
8. When the time comes to freeze the event rosters, you will then go to Association-Events and click on the Event Name again
9. Use the check boxes next to the team names, or the one on the top menu to select any or all of the teams.
10. Once selected, the option to freeze rosters will appear and you'll click that button