- This article is applicable for parents/guardians of Minor Athletes/players who are not yet 18 years old.
- Instructions for staff and players who are 18+ years old are available here.
- To be eligible for the 2022-23 registration year, a SafeSport Core or Refresher course must be completed.
ORG ADMIN/REGISTRAR REQUIREMENT:
Before the parent and player can complete the steps below, an org admin/club registrar must add a parent/ to the player's account in GotSport, if it's not already included. (Instructions)
OVERVIEW OF PROCESS:
- Org admin/club registrar adds a parent/guardian to the player's account, if not already included. (See Org Admin/Club Registrar Requirement section above)
- Parent/guardian accesses the player's profile in GotSport, provides permission for a minor player to complete SafeSport Training, and creates or accesses the player's account in the U.S. Center for SafeSport's online training platform. (Steps 1 - 9 below)
- Player completes SafeSport Training, and saves completion certificate. (Steps 9 below)
- Parent/guardian or org admin/club registrar applies SafeSport completion to the USCLUB requirement within the player's GotSport account. (Steps 10 & 11 below)
Parent/guardian logs into their GotSport account via https://system.gotsport.com.
- How to log in
- Please click "Forgot password?" if you are not sure whether you have a GotSport account
- Please make sure you are using the email address/User ID used by your org admin/club registrar.
Once logged in, from the Dashboard, click the Family button.
Click the name of the child who needs to take the SafeSport course or submit completion in GotSport.
Verify or add the Email/User ID for the player/child to match the email address that is or will be used for the SafeSport learning platform (Absorb) in Step #8. This should be the email address of the player, not the parent/guardian.
From the child's profile, click Dashboard.
From the dashboard, next to the Safe Sport requirement, click Details.
Prior to the course being completed or submitted, a parent/guardian must complete the consent page. When done, click Submit.
After the consent form has been submitted, repeat Steps #1 - #5 above to access the SafeSport requirement in your player's GotSport account, then proceed to Step 8.
Once you access the following screen:
- If the player already completed SafeSport Training on or after the appropriate date (June 1, 2021 for 2021-22 or June 1, 2022 for 2022-23), skip to Step 9.
- If your player needs to complete the course, click Start Course. You will then be redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, which is the U.S. Center for SafeSport's online platform (referred to as "Absorb"). The unique U.S. Soccer access key is embedded in the URL, so it's important that you access SafeSportTrained.org via this Start Course button.
Once you are redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, please log in or click "Forgot Password" to claim your player's account (if the player previously completed a SafeSport course), or create a new account. The information provided should be that of the player, not the parent/guardian.
Once the player's account is created or claimed, instruct your player to log in to SafeSport Trained.org and complete the next available SafeSport Trained Core or Refresher course in the annual cycle listed below. Only one course needs to be completed each year, and please note that the SafeSport for Youth Players course does not satisfy this requirement.
- SafeSport Trained - U.S. Soccer Federation (yr 1) - this is also referred to as "Core" training
- SafeSport Refresher 1 (yr 2)
- SafeSport Refresher 2 (yr 3)
- SafeSport Refresher 3 (yr 4)
- SafeSport Trained - U.S. Soccer Federation (yr 5) - this is also referred to as "Core" training
- SafeSport Refresher 1 (yr 6)
- ... and so on
Those courses are available via either the My Courses or Catalog menu section.
Once finished, save the player's course completion certificate, which is accessible via the Transcripts menu section of SafeSportTrained.org.
If you have technological or account access issues related to the SafeSportTrained.org platform, please submit a ticket to the U.S. Center for SafeSport directly.
Once the player/child completes SafeSport Training, the next step is to apply the SafeSport course completion to the SafeSport requirement within the child's GotSport profile.
This may be completed by either:
- The player's parent/guardian. To do so, please repeat steps #1 through #5 above to access the SafeSport requirement for the player's/your child's GotSport profile, then proceed to Step 11.
- Your org registrar/club admin. Alternatively, if preferred by your club, you may provide the player's SafeSport completion certificate to your org registrar/club admin, who is able to satisfy completion in the player's GotSport profile on your behalf.
Once you access the requirement, please follow the instructions on the screen to either sync the training automatically (preferred), or manually upload the completion certificate (if the automatic syncing does not work).