- This article is applicable for staff and players who are 18+ years old.
- Instructions for parents of Minor Athletes/players who are under 18 years old are available here.
- To be eligible for the 2022-23 registration year, a SafeSport Core or Refresher course must be completed.
- Your requirements will appear on your dashboard once your org admin/club registrar:
- Adds you to GotSport with a role of Staff/Org Admin, Coach, Manager or Player; and
- Assigns you the appropriate Affiliation & Competitive Level (Competitive, Rec, etc.).
- Please be sure you are logging into your GotSport account using the same email address used by your org admin/club registrar.
Log in to your account. (Help article: How to Login)
- If you are a player and do not have a GotSport account, please contact your org admin/club registrar and request that they add an Email/User ID to your account.
You will now be redirected to your DASHBOARD. If you are viewing your personal information, click on DASHBOARD in the menu bar. Once on your dashboard, Click on Details next to the Safe Sport requirement.
If you already completed SafeSport Training on or after the appropriate date, skip to Step 6.
To complete a course, click the Start Course button.
You will be redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, which is the U.S. Center for SafeSport's online platform (referred to as "Absorb"). The unique U.S. Soccer access key is embedded in the URL, so it's important that you access SafeSportTrained.org via this Start Course button.
Once you are redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, please log in or click "Forgot Password" to claim your account (if you previously completed a SafeSport course), or create a new account. If you aren't sure whether you have an existing account, we suggest you try the "Forgot Password" process.
Once you log in, please complete the next available SafeSport Trained Core or Refresher course in the annual cycle listed below. Only one course needs to be completed each year, and please note that the SafeSport for Youth Players course does not satisfy this requirement.
- SafeSport Trained - U.S. Soccer Federation (yr 1) - this is also referred to as "Core" training
- SafeSport Refresher 1 (yr 2)
- SafeSport Refresher 2 (yr 3)
- SafeSport Refresher 3 (yr 4)
- SafeSport Trained - U.S. Soccer Federation (yr 5) - this is also referred to as "Core" training
- SafeSport Refresher 1 (yr 6)
- ... and so on
Those courses are available via either the My Courses or Catalog menu section.
Once finished, save your course completion certificate, which is accessible via the Transcripts menu section of SafeSportTrained.org.
If you have technological or account access issues related to the SafeSportTrained.org platform, please submit a ticket to the U.S. Center for SafeSport directly.
Repeat steps #1 and #2 above to access the SafeSport requirement in your GotSport account, then proceed to Step 6.
The next step is to apply the SafeSport course completion to the SafeSport requirement within your GotSport account.
Once you access the requirement, please follow the instructions on the screen to either sync the training automatically (preferred), or manually upload the completion certificate (if the automatic syncing does not work).