This article will demonstrate how to complete the SafeSport requirement that is required for any Manager,Coach, Player, or Referee that is over the age of 18 or will be turning 18 before the end of the seasonal year.
If you are 17 but turning 18 before the end of the seasonal year, please follow this guide: Completing SafeSport - Under the Age of 18
Video from September 2022, some screens and buttons might look different or be shown in a different place. The below step by step guide is up to date as of December 2023.
- Log in to your account. (Help article: How to Login)
- If you are a player and do not have a GotSport account, please contact your org admin/club registrar and request that they help create an account for you.
- You will now be redirected to your DASHBOARD.
- Once on your dashboard, click on Details next to the Safe Sport requirement.
- To complete a course, click the Start Course button.
- You will be redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, which is the U.S. Center for SafeSport's online platform.
- Once you are redirected to SafeSportTrained.org, please create your account or click "Forgot Password" to claim your account (if you previously completed a SafeSport course)
Once you log in, please complete the next available SafeSport Trained Core or Refresher course in the annual cycle listed below. The courses to be taken are:
- SafeSport Trained - U.S. Soccer Federation (also referred to as "Core" training)
- SafeSport Refresher 1
- SafeSport Refresher 2
- SafeSport Refresher 3
Those courses are available via either the My Courses or Catalog menu section. If you do not see the courses, you will need to contact SafeSport and have them change your Profile Department to US Soccer Federation. Here is how you can contact them: SafeSport Contact Us
Once finished, save your course completion certificate, which is accessible via the Transcripts menu section of SafeSportTrained.org.
If you have technological or account access issues related to the SafeSportTrained.org platform, please submit a ticket to the U.S. Center for SafeSport directly.
- Repeat steps #1 and #2 above to access the SafeSport requirement in your GotSport account
- The next step is to sync the SafeSport certificate to the SafeSport requirement within your GotSport account
- Once you access the requirement, please follow the instructions on the screen to either sync the training automatically (preferred). You can do this by clicking the Check Records button
- If that doesn't work, you can copy/paste your completed code that is found on your completion transcript.
- The third and final option is to click the "Show SafeSport Upload Form" which will allow you to upload a PDF of the certificate. This will change the status to review and your governing body will need to manually approve the certificate before it will show as fulfilled.
Once complete, the requirement will show as FULFILLED.